Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Shepard Inn: The Place to Stay in Dandridge, Tennessee


Small-town Southern charm is not just a fallacy invented by advertisers to convince you to come to Tennessee.  It's as real as ever in Dandridge, Tennessee, and if you want to experience it for yourself, I know just the place you'll want to stay!

Dandridge is located in East Tennessee, just about 30 minutes from Knoxville and less than an hour from the Great Smoky Mountains.  

This is the Shepard Inn, located right on Main Street.  We had the wonderful opportunity to be invited for a special lunch here on Sunday for my parents' anniversary I told you about, and we loved it!







From the wrap-around front porch to the beautiful rooms full of fabulous antiques, this place is so quaint it's ridiculous.  It would be perfect for a weekend getaway or even for a night's stay if you're just passing through!  They can even accommodate groups for reunions, showers, or parties!






As soon as we walked in, I started snapping pics because I knew I would have to tell you all about this.








The house is full of so many original fixtures and elements. 











I absolutely love the ceilings in this sunroom!


































It's just dreamy.  And the inn managers, John and Stephanie Shelton,  are so hospitable and knowledgeable about the history of the inn!  Click here to visit their site to see more pics and find out more about making reservations.




Bed and Breakfast lovers, put this one on your list!  And if you've been here before, I'd love to hear about it!  





2 comments:

  1. ha. i am in dandridge now ( on the lake) for a week. don't really go into the town when i am here but i may have to stop by the Inn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! So close to me! Have fun at the lake!

      Delete

I love hearing from each of you and will do my best to respond! Thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you're here!