Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Easiest Chalkboard Tags Ever!



This post brought to you by Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.


I'm super-excited about this little DIY for chalkboard tags today beause I really think it's going to come in handy for those of you trying to get those Christmas gifts wrapped in a quick, creative, and beautiful way. 



This idea came about when I was recently shopping for Christmas wrap at Dollar General.  I found some cute foil wrap and great wired ribbons, and then decided to add a creative flare with DIY tags, so I took a look in the school and office supplies aisle and found this awesome black poster board for only 75¢!  I wanted to create some labels that look like chalkboard with the black paper and a white pen.  I've done this before and it's a really cute look.



So I came home, and started cutting out the labels in the shapes and sizes I wanted... easy as could be!  But, even better, I tested out the poster board with a little chalk and found out it can actually be erased!  I know.  This is amazing news.   Are you as excited as I was?  The possibilities with this are endless!  And the price just cannot be beat!



You can write on the black poster board with a white pen for a permanent result, or write with the chalk for things you want to erase later!





Just use a dry cloth to wipe off the chalk!



I was able to buy 2 cute rolls of wrap, 3 spools of ribbon, a little Santa container, and the poster board (which will make a ton of tags) for just $10 and change!



I especially love this wired garland "ribbon" for adding a little sparkle.  I just wrap it around my finger to get a spiral and add a tag. 







And the ribbons are always a great addition...






And how cute is this Santa container filled with cookies?  A great gift for the neighbors!



So head over to the Dollar General Gift Center to see the great selection of Christmas wraps for a great price.  They have everything from pretty foils to your kids' favorite characters. 



And if you prefer ready-made tags, they have plenty of those, too...



And don't forget to grab your black poster board while you're there to whip up some tags or to put in a frame for the easiest chalkboard ever!



Click here to "like' the Dollar General Facebook page and stay informed of all the great deals!

Visit Sponsor's Site




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. So many great ideas! Your packages turned out lovely and that chalkboard is to die for. Hard to believe it's not chalkboard paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie- These are some of the cutest wrapping ideas I have seen. I love the little black tags- so cute! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas!!! Wish I could go shopping with you and pick your frugal brain :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from each of you and will do my best to respond! Thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you're here!