Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Butternut Squash Soup



Butternut squash has made its way to the top of my list of my favorite Fall flavors this year, and if you've not yet given it a try, this easy soup would be a great start.  I think you'll add it to your list of faves, too.




Inspired by the Butternut Soup I told you about when I visited Bill's Bar and Burger in New York, I put together the ingredients I thought would pull it off, and I think it turned out pretty close.  

Like every recipe you find here, there's nothing complicated about this.  Here's what you need:

  • 32 oz container of chicken broth
  • 1 medium butternut squash (approximately 4-6 cups diced)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 Tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 tsp nutmeg




Pour the chicken broth onto your pot, then add the squash and cook until tender.  Then, with a slotted spoon, remove the cooked pieces of squash from the pot and purée in a blender until smooth.  Return the puréed squash to the pot of chicken broth.

Stir in the milk, peanut butter, and nutmeg and simmer until thoroughly heated.




Serve with a large dollop of sour cream (this will make it so yummy and creamy), and top with a few diced apples and dried cranberries if you're feeling extra adventurous.




Hope you love it like I do!

For more yummy Butternut goodness, try my Easy Butternut Squash Ravioli, too!


 


1 comment:

  1. Julie- My mouth is watering just looking at that!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from each of you and will do my best to respond! Thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you're here!