Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Got Candy? Ready or Not, Here They Come


This post brought to you by Mars candy. All opinions are 100% mine.

Well, y'all, I had planned to take a week off from blogging because I was supposed to be out of town with my son on a school trip to Washington D.C. this week.  But, Hurricane Sandy kinda changed those plans for us, so here I am!  And now Halloween has sort-of snuck up on me like a scary spider.  I didn't plan a costume party this year like I have in the past because we we've been busy planning for the trip.  But, I did throw together a little welcome table in the foyer for the trick-or-treaters that will soon be knocking at the door.



With my little banner and the blue bird cage from last year's decor, along with an ever-appropriate chalkboard, and of course, a bucket of M&M's, I'm ready.






 You know you can never go wrong with Mars Halloween candy.  And right now, you last-minute shoppers like myself can click here to visit Walmart's Mars Candy page and get valuable money-saving coupons for your favorite Halloween candies. 

While you're there, check out all their great recipes using Mars candy.  I am loving this Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich Cake made with M&M's...



Can't wait to try that soon!

So get your coupons and head to Walmart for a great deal and great selection of Mars candies, safely wrapped and ready to go.   You can easily be the favorite house in the neighborhood!  Happy Halloween!


Visit Sponsor's Site




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that your trip got called off- but better safe than sorry. That is one scary storm. Your hall entry looks really cute- sweet and not scary- Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the blue birdcage -- such an awesome addition to the entry. And you can never go wrong with M&Ms. That's a fact!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bird perched on the birdcage! A whimsical take on Halloween tradition!

    I was going to ask you to consider avoiding featuring chocolate Halloween candy, but I thought I'd better check out Mars' specific stance on the set of ethics issues surrounding chocolate production, and I was in fact quite impressed. This is what their website says: "In particular, we believe our work to strengthen the cocoa supply chain is without precedent. It is raising standards throughout the industry and providing a model for other raw materials such as peanuts, where Mars Chocolate is seeking to implement a similar style of program." I won't be convinced until M&Ms carry FairTrade certification, but I'm pleased to see them moving in the right direction.

    For more information and a guide to buying ethical chocolate, check out CNN: http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/04/04/slavery-free-chocolate/ Or you could do what I do: fill your Halloween bucket with Skittles (also a Mars product)!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from each of you and will do my best to respond! Thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you're here!