Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Easy Embellished Party Hats for Kids of All Ages!



What's a birthday party without some party hats? And what's a party hat without a little embellishment? With a few inexpensive supplies, you can change some dollar store party hats from drab to fab.



I started with a package of dollar store party hats & a roll of craft paper.




Using my handy glue gun, I covered each hat with craft paper.



Then, I cut strips of various colors of wrapping paper, fan folded them, trimmed the edges to straighten them, then glued the ends together to make a little circular fan.







Then, I just glued that onto the hat.




Next, I used these handy Chalkstock Artist Trading Cards from Hobby Lobby to create a little chalkboard label for each hat. I cut the cards into quarters to get the perfect size, then just glued it on the fan.





Lastly, I glued on a little pom pom & it was done!



The chalkboard is perfect for writing on names of the guests or the age of the birthday kid!





Customize these to match your party decor, or make them in a variety of colors & use them again & again!

Hope you like them! I'm linking them up at a few of these parties. Check them out for lots more inspiration!




13 comments:

  1. Adorable! I'm pinning this party idea!
    -michellepaige.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Such a lovely little take-home too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! You are so creative, this makes like project 100 or so of your things you've made that I want to make! You inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! These would work great on a smaller scale as place card settings or even labels for cups! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Have a birthday party coming up that I could definitely use this for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just about the cutest thing I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! I love these! My son's 1st birthday is coming up and I think I may need to do these :) Thanks for sharing via the Tatertots and Jello link up!

    Kate of www.avery-anderson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So darling!! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! What shape did you cut your brown paper to cover the hats (trying to create a template to mass produce 35 of these cuties)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a printable template for you, but I don't. You could either take a hat apart to make a template or sort-of roll the hat over some paper, tracing it as you go to make the pattern. Hope that helps you!

      Delete

I love hearing from each of you and will do my best to respond! Thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you're here!