Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

No-Sew Fabric Flower Belts




I'm kind-of a fanatic about fabric flowers. Basically, I'm crazy about flower pins, ga-ga for flower headbands, & I've never met a flower belt I didn't like. And after I'd bought 2 fabric flower belts in the past few months, I thought, "What am I doing? I could so make these." So, that's what I did.



And if you love a good flower belt, you can make one, too! No sewing required.


Here's what to do:

Choose one of your own belts that you'd like to add a flower to. Don't worry about messing it up; you'll still be able to wear it plain as well!

You'll need some felt in a coordinating color. (1/8th of a yard will be more than enough for this project)



You'll also need some scissors & a hot glue gun.

Start off by creating a belt slide. This is just a "pocket" that you will slide the belt through later. Cut 2 identical rectangles out of your felt in a size large enough to allow the buckle of the belt to slide through once they are glued together. Mine were approximately 2"x4".



Then, just squeeze a strip of hot glue along the top & bottom edge & sandwich them together to create your slide. Slide it onto your belt & over the buckle to be sure it fits properly.



Next, you're ready to create your flowers. For this one, I used my same purple felt to make two felt flowers.

For these, just cut approximately {8} 3-inch circles for each flower. One circle will be the foundation of the flower, while the other seven will make up the "fluff".




Squeeze a little hot glue into the center of one of the circles & then pinch it together to make a little fluffy bunch.




Glue the little bunch onto the foundation, then repeat with the other circles until it's full.





One main thing to remember is not to let the glue show. It does not dry clear on the felt & will make a white spot on your flower.

Once you have your flowers made, simply glue them onto your slide.






Then just slide the belt into the slide, position it over the buckle, & you're ready to go.






So easy you'll want to make more!


I made another one with some satin flowers I made. Click here to read a great tutorial on how to make them.





Since I used 3 flowers for this one, I made my felt slide a little larger than the first one.






Pretty much any fabric flower will do, just make the felt slide & glue on the flowers.


Hope you like these! Wouldn't they make great gifts as well?


Somebody stop me before I make one in every color!


I'm sharing them at a few of these parties! Stop by for more inspiration.


Pin It

12 comments:

  1. NOw, I can do that! Glue gun is my weapon of choice. Thanks for the darling diy. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh those are so cute, I can't believe how easy they are to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely! I can't get the image out of my head of my flowers popping off after I finish that slice of coconut cream pie! OK, so lots of glue, may do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! I can make a bunch in all different colors, what a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo cute! What a great idea! You have lots of awesome ideas! I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! I was just at Abercrombie and was telling the hubby I was sure there new flower belts could be DIYed- thanks for saving me the trouble of figuring it out myself!!
    {saw you at TT&J top 10}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great idea! I would totally rock one of your belts! I hope you will link up with me here:
    http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2011/10/sweet-saturday-v8.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable! Will definitely be rocking one this fall! Pinned you on Pinterest :)

    New follower. Found you @ Made By You Mondays.

    Come visit me @ http://littlebirdthreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie,

    You just got a STICKER!

    I'll be featuring you tomorrow during STICKER TIME! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from each of you and will do my best to respond! Thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you're here!