Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love Letter Corsage: Just in Time for the Big Day


So, we're still four days away from Valentine's Day, which is plenty of time to throw together a few of these little Love Letter Corsages if you're looking for a gift for a friend or if you just need a touch of cutesy.



I came up with this idea after I saw these little blooms on the wall at Anthropologie a couple weeks ago. These are tissue paper flowers with sheet music leaves--aren't they cute?



Well, I took that inspiration & combined it with a little trash. No seriously--you know this packaging paper they always wrap breakables in at Hobby Lobby & Home Goods & pretty much every where else?



So, I save this stuff & use it for all kinds of things. (What?! I'm thrifty.) And this time, I cut a sheet of it up into 8 five-inch squares.



Then, I grabbed a red pen & started writing away. There's something about the smell of the ink & writing the word "love" over and over that totally takes you back to jr. high. But, as you can see, I cheated a little & filled in space with curly lines.



Anyway, after that, I fan-folded & tied a piece of fishing wire around the middle to hold it all together.


Then I rounded the ends with scissors & started peeling & fluffing.




I needed a sturdy piece of cardstock to finish off the back, so I used the backing off of a pad of paper. My lens cover was the perfect size circle I needed, too, so I traced it, cut it out & glued it on with the glue gun. Another dab of glue & the pin back was attached, too.



And just to make it just a little more Anthropologetic, I added a little red button.




My kids loved it. And if they think I'm cool, that's good enough for me. But, I still can't decide if it's more fun to wear or more fun to make. Hope you like it!


I'm sharing with some of these parties--stop by & say hi!



Pin It

29 comments:

  1. I think this is probably one of the cutes things I've seen lately!! You're super crafty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Okie Chic
    Ok, see now it's comments like that that are going to be to blame when I'm crafting things out of toilet paper & calling it art. But, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie-that is really cute! Darling take off on the Anthropology flowers. Dare I say I like yours better? I like thrify-I save that paper too...so far what I have made with it is....TADA...a stack of saved paper. Maybe I should send it to you?;>) Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love getting ideas from Anthro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute - I love this! Such a good idea to write on the paper - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so neat!! I like your thrifty ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's very cool too! Brilliant use of thrifty materials too! I'm very impressed!

    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way too cute !!!! I hope you get featured EVERYWHERE for this. It is just way too ingenious and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ADORABLE!!!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice new header! It looks fab! Also, I enjoyed this flower idea and need to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I 'love' it. It's so cute! And I am loving the tattoo-ish logo. ha Very cute. Think I might make one of these pins for Mag's teacher on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that. I think I might make one today. Thanks for the great idea! Plus, I'm your newest follower. Yay!

    Miranda
    www.justdrinkacoke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing! Love the button detail too.
    Just wanted to know I'm featuring you & this project in a guest post tomorrow at seekatesew.blogspot.com. One of 14 favorite ideas for Valentines Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute--love the red ink and that you used packing paper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too cute :) I was telling my daughter the other day about how we use to make gum wrapper chains and tissue flowers. Well, this is exactly how we made tissue flowers. I love how you wrote on the paper and added the button:)
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love thrifty ideas! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is awesome! i hope i get to try this before vday! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so, so, so cute! Hope I can whip one up quick for tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How darling. Don't you just love the inspiration Anthropologie provides. What would we do without them??

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just wanted to let you know I featured this today on FTF! Thanks for linking and grab a Featured button if you would like!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this one too!!
    I'm thinking a music one for our music teacher.
    Thanks for the idea.
    I have featured it, with some other tutorials of yours, in a post about great gift tutorials for women and girls.
    You can see it here.....
    http://allysonadeney.wordpress.com/2011/11/14/17-handmade-gifts-for-women-and-older-girls-with-tutorials/
    ... if you like.
    Thanks for taking the time to write the instructions so we can all share your creativeness.
    Ally of harrysdesk.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just stopping by to let you know that I've featured your craft on Family Fun Crafts! You can see it here:
    http://funfamilycrafts.com/love-letter-corsage/


    If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them. :) If you would like to display a
    featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from each of you and will do my best to respond! Thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you're here!