Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Are You Up To the Challenge?



So, there are some paint color lovers out there who swoon over fan decks as much as I do. The Paint Color Party was a lot of fun, and I'd like to thank those of you who joined up! Several people contacted me, saying this party helped them find just the color they've been looking for. So, great job, everyone!


We've just come out of a busy few days, and despite the fact that we were snowed in at home for a few days this past week, I don't really have any projects to show you just yet. Something about this freezing cold weather doesn't really get me motivated to do any painting (or much of anything actually, except sit around & drink hot chocolate). But, I've got several projects coming up that I'm excited to show you about. Some of which have something to do with one of my very favorite holidays: Valentine's Day!


And speaking of Valentine's Day, I have another fun event coming up that I hope you'll all be excited about. On February 1 & 2, I'm hosting another link party. This time, it's a little bit of a challenge. Start getting your creative lovey-dovey juices flowing & come up with a Valentine's project, then write a post about it to share here at my Valentine's Day Challenge. Your post can be a decorating idea, a kid's craft idea, a recipe, or even a great gift idea!

image via bhg.com

Everyone who links up will be entered into the challenge. Then, it will be up to my readers to vote on their favorites! The post that receives the most votes from readers of this blog will win a free 16x20 canvas from my etsy shop!--a great gift for your Valentine!

There will be more details later, but for now, get busy on those projects & grab a button for your blog as a reminder!








Pin It

6 comments:

  1. sounds fun!! now i just have to come up with something very creative!! I love my canvas! such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting my creative thinking cap on! We too love our canvas, awesome challenge, SWEET reward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose the using the great photo you posted would be cheating? Just askin'....It will be fun to see all the entries. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh' I love Valentines Day! I think I am up to the challenge. = )

    http://beautifulnest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited about the Valentines challenge also, I tried to pick up the code for the button but blogger will not allow me to post from a url unless it starts with http? I have come across this problem a number of times.. do you by chance know what I should do???

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Carrie Thompson
    Hmmm...I've never had that problem. The best way I know to add a button is to copy the entire HTML code provided for that button, then to add it to a post, click on the Edit HTML tab when writing the post & paste the entire button HTML code into the bottom of your post.

    If you want to add the button to your sidebar, go to your Design page & click "Add a Gadget" on the sidebar. Then choose HTML/Javascript & when the box pops up, paste the button's HTML code there.

    Hope that helps you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from each of you and will do my best to respond! Thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you're here!