Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Save Your Surfaces!



I don't have a great or exciting post for you today. Just a handy little tip that I was planning to post for you before Christmas when (if you were like me) you were decorating like there was no tomorrow while eating a candy cane, humming Christmas carols, and sporting a Santa apron. And now (if you're like me) you're completely sick of the Christmas stuff & wondering why on earth you can never remember that Christmas Decor Law of Physics. You know, the one about "what goes up, must come down"?

Well, I'm finally almost Christmas-free for another year, and I'm so exhausted, I thought I'd take a break & write this post.

This little tip might help you out if you got some new tchotchkes for Christmas...

Have you ever bought a great new accessory for your house or transferred something from one place to another & discovered that the bottom of your item was too rough to place on your furniture without scratching it up? It's a bummer.

This happened to me when I was rearranging some things before Christmas, so I used my hot glue dot trick to solve the problem. Here's what to do: heat up your trusty old hot glue gun & then simply create some "feet" for your tchotchke with some globs of the glue.








Make the dots approximately the same size so everything will be in balance. Be sure you wait a few minutes for the glue to dry completely before you try it out on your surface. If something's out of whack, just peel off the dot(s) that are out of balance & try it again.

Just one more reason to love your glue gun. Now save your surfaces!

Sharing this tip over at the Tip Junkie:

handmade projects



9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great tip...thanks! I agree. I just took down all of my Christmas decorations and I think I got too crazy this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I always have several glue sticks on hand, but never little felt feet. I wonder if the glue is strong enough for this to also work on furniture feet?!? Felt keeps coming off and attracts oodles of dog hair...

    ReplyDelete
  4. duh its one of those why didnt i think of that before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea! and i bought my friend that exact metal tray from hobby lobby as a hostess gift. she loved it- i should have gotten myself one, too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a great tip! Thanks for sharing it and for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. May your New Year be filled with many Blessings and abundances of Joy for 2011. From my mountain to yours, Until next year
    Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep...you and me kiddo...I've been doing that for a long time too. Here's the funny thing-you can BUY those little dabs of glue on a sheet with a stick on backing for a nice tidy little sum...lol...but...being resourceful people we just make our own! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. NOW that truly IS a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from each of you and will do my best to respond! Thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you're here!