Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Cheez-it Chicken Recipe


I don't know why I didn't just post this when I first mentioned it, but for all you Cheez-it lovers out there who have asked for the recipe, I'm posting it now. And I didn't even take pictures of the chicken, so I just added the pic of the Cheez-it box. In case you forgot what it looks like. And don't tell the Cheez-it people, but I have used other cheesy crackers for this, too, & it still tastes great.


Ingredients:
  • thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
  • melted butter
  • pepper, garlic salt, tenderizer
  • crushed Cheez-it crackers
  • shredded Mozzarella cheese
Season chicken with pepper, garlic salt, and tenderizer. Dip chicken into melted butter and then into crushed Cheez-its (both sides). Fold chicken breast in half with some Mozzarella in the middle of the fold. Place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam, cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.

Thanks to my friend, Wendy, for this recipe. It's always a hit with our guests!

Hope you all like it, too!





Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love cheez-it chicken. My mother-in-law gave me the recipe. The difference is we dip the chicken in sour cream. Coat with crackers. Then pour the melted butter over.

    I have never tried mozzarella cheese before. I'll have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of this before...we like Cheez-Its...we like chicken...we like mozzarella...we like butter...Hey! I think this recipe might work for us! Thanks- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am So definitely trying this! I've never heard of a Cheese-It recipe, but I like the idea.
    Thanks!
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now they have the new Mozzarella Cheez its. Picked up some today. Can't wait to try this recipe! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from each of you and will do my best to respond! Thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you're here!