Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Blissful Burlap Bunting for Fall




Ahh, burlap! There's no other fabric quite like it. Yes, it's scratchy. And sometimes stinky. And yes, it can make a mess when you cut it. Yet, we still love it. Especially for fall. And it's the perfect choice for a super-easy fall bunting. Everybody & their sister has one in blog land & I've been feeling a little left out because I didn't have one yet, so I gathered up all the inspiration I've come across recently & came up with my own little version. And if you want to make one for yourself, here's how I did it:


For my version, I cut my little pennants out of burlap measuring about 5" across the top & 7 " down to the point. Then, I printed out my "fall" letters & used my freezer paper stencil method to paint them onto the burlap. (Click here for those instructions).


Then I just glued on some ribbon & the pennants were done!

To hang them, I clipped each pennant onto a long piece of twine with these mini clothespins I found in the office supply section at Wal-Mart. (They're so cute!)



And that was it! Super easy. Even for those of you who think you're not crafty. And the little clips can be used again & again for different seasonal buntings as well.





I love it! Everyone needs one! So, I'm sharing with some of these crafters. Check them out!


22 comments:

  1. Oh, I like it! Who doesn't love burlap? I agree, every mantle should be wearing one : ) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!! mine is about burlap today, too. great minds think alike. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I have my burlap and letter stamps all ready for my own if I can find a spare minute. I hope it turns out as cute as yours! Happy fall...
    Blessings,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie- You did a great job! I love your banner...and I love burlap...I am sorry to say that it makes me "itchy". I used to have to lug those darned feed bags around when I was a kid and I can still remember scratching like the devil when I got done handling them. Maybe today's burlap is a bit more refined. I'll have to check it out. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the clothes pins. So cute and simple too! Thanks for the freezer paper idea :)

    ~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and Simple! I think I'll make own too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fall-ish and simple. Love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie, thanks for linking up. I really like your burlap-version banner. The crisp colors of your ribbons look so nice in contrast with the burlap. And using clothespins?! It couldn't be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job on the banner! My plans are to make for Christmas. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment.

    Have a wonderful day.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Just the right amount of decor for your mantle. I like the way you left the edges rough and unfinished and added ribbon to add punches of color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun, it looks great on your mantle. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That turned out awesome. I need to get me some freezer paper. Thanks for sharing!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your banner is precious! If you don't mind me asking where did you get the cute quatrefoil canister (i think its a canister) that is on the mantel? I love quatrefoil!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Meredith
    I got that canister at Marshalls a few months ago. Hope you can find one somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! So cute! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julie, I just wanted you to know I featured your banner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just love this idea!!! I'm going to make it with my kids and also feature you on our blog in a few weeks. Thanks for inspiration :)

    Suz

    http://welltodoyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing!!! I linked you in my blog! http://twolittlechickadees.blogspot.com/2010/10/ode-to-autumn.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! FYI we gave you a shout out on our blog today, thanks :)

    Suz

    http://welltodoyou.blogspot.com/2010/10/falling-for-diy.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love for you to share this on my Thanksgiving Link up!
    www.kirstikoo.blogspot.com
    Such a cute banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it! Of course I have a slight burlap fettish ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from each of you and will do my best to respond! Thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you're here!