Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Headboard Makeover I Couldn't Resist


I've been trying to think up excuses to keep this
dreamy white headboard
I recently rescued and made over...
But I just can't seem to come up with one.


I'm a fool for finials...


And a little hint of a distressed finished...


And for taking something old...



And making it new again...


Yes, I'm selling this one. Partly because we don't need one more bed in this house and partly because I have a serious creativity addiction to support.

I'm posting this here first to see if one of my readers is interested before I list it online.

Full Size Headboard

{SOLD}

{Email me for shipping quotes.}




Linking to some of these great sites.

16 comments:

  1. Um.... can you do a queen next time? Love it and would love to have it... but alas, I don't have that size of bed :( I hope that you sell it quickly so that you can keep that great habit going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I needed one I would snap it up in a heart beat. This is just gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need it for my girls room! They have a full size bed right now without a headboard

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done so many gorgeous things on your blog! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow...wish I could buy it but I don't need a headboard right now either

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job Julie! Surely you can find a spot for it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its gorgeous! I would want to keep it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Have you seen headboard/footboard combos made into loveseats? You can see a picture of one on the cover of 100 Decorating Ideas magazine on my blog. There are instructions inside the magazine. I've recently picked up a set that I would love to turn into banquette seating. I'm not trying to talk you into keeping it if you've made up your mind...maybe this will give someone incentive to buy it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Julie! What a great job! I love your distressing - it turned out just perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this headboard!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Leticia
    www.msbinglesvintagechristmas.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute and elegant! What a great deal you got on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! It's so beautiful! Great job! and I love the distressed look too. Your blog is so cute with lots of fun ideas here! I'm a follower ...coming from Sassy Sites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is beautiful - I'd have a hard time letting it go!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from each of you and will do my best to respond! Thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you're here!